1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reputable camera web sites?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Whipped, Jul 31, 2006.

1. I'm looking to buy a Nikon D100 online and am a little wary of some of the sharks out there. What are some of the more reputable dealers out there who might still carry new D100s at a decent price?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I haven't looked for that model, but I like B & H photo and video. Their prices are reasonable and they have a lot of information online.

Good luck.

3. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

B&H Photo-Video (New York)
    Adorama (New York)
    Samy's Camera (Several stores in California)
    Roberts Imaging (Indianapolis)
    Penn Camera (Baltimore)

Those are a few that the pros on SportsShooter.com tend to frequent ...

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll second that - great prices, great service.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Good prices at beachcamera

6. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

I'll second that list. Samys and B&H seem to have the best prices among those. Also, be wary of stores based in Brooklyn - http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/
    I doubt anyone will still have a new D100 though - the D200 has been out since late last year. You might think about looking for a D70 instead.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

We bought a Canon 350D from B&H, did everything online and were very pleased with what we got. I really wanted to buy locally and support the home-owned camera store, but it wouldn't get to within $200 of B&H's price. I gave them a chance, but they didn't budge. So it was online for us.

Draft saved Draft deleted