1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans for Hillary a growing movement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 12, 2008.

1. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Consider this scenario: What if Hillary "cheats" her way to the nomination, but the Democratic ticket is Clinton-Obama? Now how about Illinois? Ohio?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Never. Fucking. Happen.

There's a better chance Yawn will be Hillary's running mate.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I really think I'll be the Veep candidate with Clinton before Obama is. And since the Dems have my state locked up, that ain't happening.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's stereotypical bullshit...no more or less than say, a good chunk of Clinton supporters are supporting Che because she's running against a black? You can't be that narrow. It affects your party too.

5. Homework, foof.
    Please google the following:

Southern Strategy.
    Dent, Harry.
    National Review.
    Your entire political movement is based on catering to the remnants of American white supremacy. Still is.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Recent national victory margins have been wholly contingent on the easy, good ol' boy, nudge, wink tactics of the late George Allen and his ilk.

7. Or, it would seem, Gerry Ferraro.
    Who knew?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Won't work in 2008. The GOP shot its wad with this tactic in 2004, so now almost every red state has one of these amendments already. (I think Arizona voted theirs down, but that's McCain's state anyway.)

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Immigration seems to be losing steam, too. Especially with McCain's somewhat level-headed approach (which he now denies). Time to find another wedge. Stem cells? Evolution? Roger Clemens. Hmmm.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Immigration may seem to be losing steam because The Candidates are taking enormous pains NOT to talk about it.

To hear the big three, these days, NOBODY cares about the topic . . .

. . . except the broad public, of course, who remain hypersensitive about it.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's funny. To say that the entire Republican premise is based on racism. You're drifting over into delusional territory, Fenian, on this and the illusion that many Clinton supporters are leaning her way on the race card. Not all, but a significant number.

12. I see your google is broken.
    Pity.
    Try the library.

Draft saved Draft deleted