1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans for Hillary a growing movement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Apparently a large number of Democrats feel the same way.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fenian, you aren't seriously asking me how Obama is going to win Illinois, are you?

Because the answer is by putting his name on the ballot.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's Bullshit. There are many republicans that would consider voting for Obama.

Last I looked Geraldine Ferraro was a member of democrat party

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He gallops in Illinois. Gallops.

5. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Who is in charge of the record here?
    I need to ammend a post I made in 2005. Is it too late?
    Where is the record kept? Can I review it?

If it matters (and it doesn't): I voted for Bush. Twice.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'd tend to think Illinois is more red than blue, at least away from Chicago and its burbs. Of course, that was judging by the amount of Topinka signs I saw in the last governor's election, so I could be wrong.

And Rush, I'm not biting. I don't vote Democrat under any circumstances, so take your pills and shaddap. :)

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The GOP just lost the Speaker of the House's seat by six points in district that voted for Bush by eight points in 2004.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I find it very difficult to believe that Hillary can beat McCain in a general election...

Obama would win the general election, I think... But it's probably just a matter of time until Hillary gets the Michigan and Florida numbers that will push this to the convention, where both democratic candidates will be permanently damaged from fighting this whole time...

The Dems should have cakewalked in the last two elections, but they always find a way to fuck it up...

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't buy the logic either. There is no way in hell I would ever vote for Hillary Clinton... If it's Obama-McCain, it's a win-win situation and I will be thrilled whoever wins, even though I will be voting for McCain...

10. Should have said Ohio.
    Should also have been outside the quote function.
    A massive post of Fail.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Your fail is forgiven.

Ohio is tough for either of them, you're right. I will note that Obama did deliver in classically Dem areas while Clinton cleaned up in Jeebus-ville.

Your guy doesn't have every last egg in that basket, however.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Ohio might not be as tough for the Dems as one might think
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_10/b4074048254231.htm?chan=search

Draft saved Draft deleted