1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican debate thread 9/16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I thought Graham was best early in the undercard today, but Pataki was better later. I don't think either of them did as well as Fiorina in the first one, so I doubt they gain traction.

2. SnarkShark

There are way too many people in the stage. Why not drop more to the lower-level debate, so, you know, people can actually talk about what their plans are.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Agreed.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Fiorina just won. Nicely done.

5. SnarkShark

Rand Paul is bringing up an important point. Donald Trump has no self control if people insult him. He has to strike back. He can't help himself.

I think that's a legitimate concern for someone who could have access to the most powerful military in the world.

6. SnarkShark

Kim Davis round two... Huckabee is so lacking logic on the issue, you can't even argue with him. You're not arguing about the same thing.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jeb tries to hedge on "Kim Davis".

8. SnarkShark

That felt desperate. It actually made him look worse.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Fiorina really does a good job of handling Trump.

SnarkShark and old_tony like this.
  10. SnarkShark

I think she bailed out on both Trump questions, which were both pretty direct and could have had direct answers. That might be the best way to deal with him, though. Just don't address his ridiculousness; don't dignify them with a response.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've been really surprised at how consistently inept Jeb is at this process. He might make a perfectly reasonable president but he's awful at debating and campaigning in general.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's been clear since the day he announced. His poll numbers have gone steadily downward ever since. He has no chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.