1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reports of Bonds' test results inaccurate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But....but....creamora said we just had to go to Google and all truth would be revealed to us!

2. creamora

creamora Member

Notice that I said "normal ranges." There is not a single standard reference range published in any medical laboratory book in the world that would show 730 ng/dl to not be within the normal range for total testosterone. Google will lead anybody to ten scientific references in one minute. Many will be very credible references. The words "google search" were used to demonstrate how easy it would have been to report accurate information about Bonds'total testosterone level in January 2001. Not one single journalst reported the story accurately. If they did, please post a link to the story for all to see. That's why Conte wrote the story. The record needed to be corrected because, once again, journalists repeatedly got it wrong. Sad, but true.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Creamora's definition of correct: Whatever he agrees with.

4. creamora

creamora Member

Creamora's definition of correct. "Backed up by credible facts that can be verified." Smear tactics and name calling in response can't deny the truth of the matter. I don't care if 100 top journalists deny the truth, they are still dead wrong and simply won't admit it if that's the case. Some journalists here simply don't want to admit that what I have posted it absolutely true and beyond dispute. So, what do we see instead.
    Smear tactics and diversion from reality. Inaccurate reporting deserves to be outed for the world to see.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I kinda thought you'd drop by during the Clemens hearing.

Got an opinion on that situation?

6. creamora

creamora Member

Conte provided a few of the questions that Congressional committee members asked Clemens and McNamee. The specific questions provided were regarding the colors of the various substances being red, yellowish, white and clear in color. There was an article about this also published in the NYDN. Apparently, the Committee thought Conte's questions were credible and and important enough to be used at the hearing. Do a search and this information can easily be found.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You're big on searches these days...short on answers.

I saw Conte's paint-by-number story...and wondered why the congressional braintrusts didn't just do a search for that very basic information.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Coming up in the NYDN: Isiah Thomas "corrects the record" on the success of the Knicks' front office.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is the same thing as a story on a contract dispute using a player agent as a prime source: everything in the story must be preemptively assumed to be complete bullshit.

10. creamora

creamora Member

Probably for the same reason sports journalists did not do a search regarding the normal testosterone ranges. You go an explanation for that huge oversight by all journalists? Maybe it was intentional. Could that be it or simply a lack of good backgound research before generating inaccurate headlines?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, no Conte is to be trusted 100 percent. He is truthful. Bring in a copy of this article and get 10 percent off any performance enhancers at SNAC.

12. I wonder what happens if you do a search on cheesy mustaches. Will Conte's picture show up?

Someone else try this, I'm too lazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.