1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I don't even know where the line's drawn anymore, except that in a previous post I misread it as "boots' inflatable pipeline" instead of infallible, and that made me giggle like a coquettish schoolgirl.

2. boots

boots New Member

You have issues. Harris made a good hire. It ends there. He's a got a few more posts opening up. Jump on them.

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

No one needs you to tell them to jump on a position with the Times-Dispatch. Anyone with half a brain already knows to jump on it. And I'm sure Harris doesn't need you telling him he made a good hire.

Your approval means absolutely nothing. Please understand that.

4. boots

boots New Member

WTF is your problem dude? Please understand that.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Back to the issue at hand. Sure, it sucks that it took nearly six months to fill the job, but I'm familiar enough with the product to know that they didn't take a massive hit when they could have, and Slater's a strong writer with a good pedigree, plus he already has experience with that nitwit Harris, so they'll be getting someone with upside and experience both in the profession and the newspaper's culture. A rare daily double indeed.

Plus if the rumor I've heard is true, they may be about to make at least one more really strong hire (no, not me).

6. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

Nitwit?
    Nicest thing anybody's said about me lately. Thank you.

Your rumor is wrong. TWO more really strong hires and then another later in the month (knock on wood).

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, a half-right (third-right?) rumor is a better batting average than you'd expect with certain, um, prognosticators.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Name-calling on a jobs thread, and where we've already heard the news direct from the source, as know-nothing posters push the board to a new low. Boots, stick to do-it-yourself colonoscopies, please.

9. boots

boots New Member

WTF are you talking about? I didn't call anyone a name. Stick with the facts.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You trying to get ANOTHER thread locked? ::) ::)

Get over yourself and your imaginary pipeline.

11. boots

boots New Member

I have nothing to do with this. The pipeline is flowing very well thank you. As for getting this locked, that's not my call and I don't think it needs to be locked. It's funny. I say that someone made a great hire and I'm villified. If say he made a bad hire, I'm villified. I can't win.
    I did nothing but support Mike's hire. WTF is all the criticism about?

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

The criticism comes from your awful pipeline and the fact that you think you have some kind of unique insight on these job openings that no one else has.

And again, Harris doesn't need your approval. No one does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.