1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter/photog covering graduation arrested for upskirt photos

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 31, 2013.

1. Ugh.

http://www.thelostogle.com/2013/05/30/oklahoman-reporter-zeke-campfield-was-arrested-for-allegedly-taking-upskirt-photos-at-the-moore-high-school-graduation/

2. Also a convicted felon.

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Disgusting the guy would do that. The writer, however, needlessly added sensationalism with this phrase:

"bumped into female students from the tornado ravaged town..."

That makes it worse because OKC got hit with a tornado?

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The blogger's next graph, which comes after the police reports ...

Makes it seem like bringing up "tornado-ravaged town" bit was relevant.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And I'm guessing The Oklahoman wouldn't have normally covered that graduation as a news story, so the only reason he's even there is because of the tornado.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wouldn't a high school graduation be the worst place to take up-skirt photos? Those graduation gowns about reach the ground. You'd have to worm through the rafters.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Possible he wasn't taking them of actual graduates? I also think most girls' graduation gowns now aren't really that long.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If they arrested every photog who did this, most papers would have photo staffs similar to the Sun Times...

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Seriously. When I saw the thread title, two former coworkers came to mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted