1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Vick tests positive for marijuana.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I guess he subscribes to the "At least they're talking about me" school of public relations.

He must be getting PR advice from her:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He has twenty ... five ... million ... reasons to live.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

And, "Things I Learned After it was Too Late."

4. boots

boots New Member

It's way too easy to beat a guy when he's down and Vick is down. I'm not finding much enjoyment in this at all.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Can't we let Mike slide on this one. Mike should get a pass so he decided to "blunt" the pain of a prison sentence

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Beat a guy when he's down?! We're talkin' about a guy who simply had to sit there in his mansion until the sentence came down! That's it, that's all he had to do! And what does he do?! He goes out and smokes some marijuana?!?!?! WTF?!!?! No no no, see there's stupid, and then there's Michael Vick.
    You know who I feel bad for? Who I really feel bad for? Is Arthur Blank. This guy got screwed by Michael, big time. Blank treated this guy like he was his grandson. Lying to Blank was one thing. But to apologize and then go and get caught for marijuana!? ??? ???
    If this guy isn't stupid, then he's got to be really depressed to go out and do something like this.

7. boots

boots New Member

First off, he tested positive Sept. 13. This was AFTER he was suspended by the league and entered a plea. He fucked up smoking a joint but apologizing to Blank for it, forget it. He wasn't a part of the Falcons family any longer. He doesn't owe Blank an apology for smoking a joint.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Boots, his actions are the ultimate in hypocrisy.

He stands in front of the cameras last month, saying how he's changing his life and Jesus has come into it.

Three-plus weeks later, he is found to have hit the pipe. Whether you think smoking leaf is right or wrong, the fact is that it's still illegal in this nation.

9. boots

boots New Member

This guy has been through a lot. All from his own doing. I wish him well.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why do YOU give a shit about him, he doesn't give a shit about you.

11. boots

boots New Member

Personally. I don't know him. Professionally, I've seen him enjoy a roller coaster career.
    I've got enough stuff on my plate without worrying about Michael Vick. He will get his day of sentencing and mercifully, this stuff, at least a chapter, will be history.
    As a homo sapien, I don't enjoy seeing people down. I don't get off on others misfortunes.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Misfortunes? Cancer is a misfortune. Alzheimer's is a misfortune. The willful commission of a felony is not a misfortune.

Draft saved Draft deleted