1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Tom Brady linked to Greg Anderson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 17, 2006.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

teri thompson, who has a checkered past of her very own. which may be why she goes so over-the-top on stories like this.

2. Is that the woman who used to be in Denver and had some sort of gambling problem or something?

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

ding! ding! ding! ding! :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The phrases 'linked to' and 'tied to,' within this context are loaded with negative connotation.
    However, doing story on this is not over the top.
    Anderson talked to Brady for professional reasons and has told prosecutors about it.
    Brady's name has been aded to the list of people who could be called to testify before the grand jury.
    Those elements are newsworthy.
    Slipping in phrases such as 'linked to' (which I didn't notice) or 'tied to' (which I did notice) is adding a layer of implication that seems out of bounds.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

duh. ya think? ??? ??? ???

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It's Serra High School in San Mateo, Calif. Same school as Bonds and Anderson.

Also same school as Lynn Swann, Jim Fregosi, Gregg Jefferies and NYT EE Bill Keller. (Thanks Wikipedia!)

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So Keller's been linked to steroids, too?

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

thompson and her i-team at the daily snooze are working on it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But tell us about the connection between Jim Fregosi and the Fregosi Emerald on that one episode of 'The Munsters.'

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious.
    I'm just pointing out, or maybe reiterating, that the situation is newsworthy and should be reported. It's just the attempt to pump it into more than it is that's wrong.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As I’m trying to mentally “put it together,” I’m leaning against this blue table in the center of the room waiting for Shawn Green, No. 15, to appear from the showers that are just a few mad dashes away.

Then I discover that I’m in the way because Eric Karros — who is 15 times better looking in person — asked me to move so he could get by. Gulp!

Just then, Shawn Green emerges from the showers, rubbing a towel on his head and wearing only a towel. Three millimeters thick of terry cloth is separating Green’s goodies from my life’s most embarrassing moment. I really didn’t have that much time to think about it before Green whipped off the towel and began to get dressed. Holy &#$@!!!

I’m going to need to see a chiropractor for the whiplash I gave myself. I turned away to not see most of the goods, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I saw Greenie’s buns, le toosh, el booty. Catch my drift? I don’t know what took me off guard more: The way it happened or the fact that it was Shawn Green, who I think is just the cutest thing...

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was hoping someone would post that piece from the Santa Clarita paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted