1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: T.O. attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gandhithegreat, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Re: T.O. suicide attempt

There was a football player at LSU who killed himself in 1997. Can't remember his name off the top of my head, though, just that he shot himself in his car. Some backup special teamer or something like that, not a big-name guy.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Ed Werder is reporting on ESPN that T.O. people claim it's not a suicide attempt, that people are reading too much into the "hurt himself" comment. Police rep is talking to media now, not taking questions. Just a comment.

I never thought I would wake up to this news.

3. Re: T.O. suicide attempt

Ed Werder is now reporting on ESPN News. Oh wait, they just pulled the plug on their "Dallas bureau chief" because they are going live to the police department presser in Dallas. Basically, the police spokesman said nothing.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Minor threadjack: I dropped Warner on Monday after hearing the false ESPN report and I'm not distraught. Warner has been sucking pretty bad the last two weeks and nobody's picked him up yet in my league so if I wanted to, I could take him back.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Owens tried to contact PK on his gurney from his cell as he was being wheeled in, but Peter was in an argument with a Delta representative over some disputed frequent flier mileage, and couldn't take his call.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

From next week's MMQB: "I was driving to my favorite local Starbucks back on Wednesday morning when my cell phone rang. I almost didn't answer it, since I didn't recognize the number but boy am I glad I did. 'Yo Peter! Wuddup, dog? It's T-O! Just thought I'd call you with an update.'

"Immediately he told me he was still in the hospital, but was doing much better. He had called me from the phone line in his room, and said that at first he took the medicine as directed. But then his tummy started hurting, my guess is from too many sit-ups, have you seen those abs? Anyway he thought he was reaching for the bottle of Rolaids, but instead it was more pain medicine. It started a cycle.

"Of course if you ask me, pain medicine should help with all the different types of pain. Whether it's a headache, broken finger, or upset stomach. It's all pain."

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No confirmation on a suicide attempt by the Dallas police, and they stressed, "This is not a criminal offense."

8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Naturally, Ed Werder says the publicist is denying everything. Classic ESPN apologist move.

9. Re: T.O. suicide attempt

As a side note, we were talking about DPD last night because we were told by another station it was Terrell Bolton....if you want to see how incredibly silly the DPD is, just take a load of the shit this guy is saying on TV...fucking greatness, he was so excited doing that news conference.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dallas police press conference, attempting to distance itself from earlier reports...not denying or confirming, but stating that the information should not have been released....current police report being released.

11. tommyp

tommyp Member

Cover-up!!!!

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No shit. I wasn't aware suicide was a crime. Pretty tough to arrest somebody for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted