1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Reggie Miller considering NBA return with the Boston Celtics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Co-sign this wholeheartedly. It's still the Spurs' chip to lose for the foreseeable future.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I doubt that KG, Pierce, and Allen will co-exist in perfect scoring harmony and lead the team to the NBA Finals. They will be knocked out in the first or second round. On the other hand, if they play the Knicks...

3. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

Bingo. I seem to remember an aging group of superstars trying to accomplish a similar feat in 2004. I remember Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Shaq and some other guy on that roster. How'd that work out?

4. IU90

IU90 Member

Yep, add Pollard and Miller to the already aging core and the celts have a damn nice old-timers team. Has any team ever so dramatically transformed from one of the league's youngest to oldest in just one off season?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I disagree. Garnett is probably the most unselfish superstar in the league, and neither of those three have a title. I believe they'll make whatever sacrifices they can for the next two or three years in order to grab a ring or two or three.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Eastern Conference championship ring ... and that's no certainty.

7. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

With that many fossils on the team, should they go ahead and rename it the Museum of Natural History?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So long as Detroit isn't the Pistons of old, I don't think there's a question. The Cavs are still a one-trick pony, and there's no way Lebron can beat Garnett, Pierce and Allen all by himself.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't think there's any way that the Celtics win three rings.

They may win one.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Pierce, Garnett and Allen, are what 30, 31 and 32? I think people might be stretching the AARP jokes a bit. They might not have a long run ahead of them, but these guys aren't exactly pushing retirement age either.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ditto that, Bob.

Sports radio reaction in Indy today was split; one guy blew off the report entirely, another guy was close to holding a wake for Reggie as an Indy icon.

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

what's with all these HASBEENS trying to clog up the league.

Scotty pippen's broke ass

Charles Oakley slow butt

and now this old skeletor.

It' must be the missing endorphin release

move on........or get dunked on.

Draft saved Draft deleted