1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Domi to retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's come out in the last couple of days that Dummy racked up three misconducts in one of those two games. Apparently he couldn't or wouldn't stop chirping at the Detroit bench.

And, wonder of wonders!! Belinda Stronach has been named in the soon to be Mrs. Domi's divorce petition.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/National/2006/09/24/1888791-sun.html

According to a published report, (Leanne) Domi believes her husband and Stronach have been involved in an "intimate sexual relationship" since he began working with her on her political campaign in January 2006.

Stronach, who has been linked to several high profile men, including former U.S. president Bill Clinton and Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay, is referred to "many times" in the 20-page document filed in court last week, the report states.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Riddle me this, hockey fans. Who is the baddest ass in hockey now?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Georges Laraque, Jody Shelley...

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sean Avery.

Oh, sorry. I thought you said biggest ass.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I knew it was time for Domi to hang it up when Dan LaCouture took him in a Boston-Toronto game late last season - Dan didn't pick up those skills in college. I have had no desire to see BU guys duke it out since Mike Grier got his ass handed to him by Kyle McLaren his rookie year.
    What is it about hockey tough guys and rich and powerful women? I remember hearing about Joey Kocur (it was a Ranger - correct me if I have the wrong guy) shagging Joan Lunden awhile back.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hailey Wickenheiser

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I'd put Andrew Peters and Brian McGrattan up there also.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Perhaps Colton Orr (no relation to Bobby), if the Rangers ever use him regularly. They claimed him on waivers when Boston tried to sneak him back down to Providence because he wasn't being used enough, then the Rangers wasted him on inactive for most of the year. He didn't get to fight much in the NHL because guys probably have seen tape of him pulverizing people in Providence two years ago.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ya know, I thought about adding McGrattan late last night. The kid's a fucking beast.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Yeah, McGrattan was a bit of a spot picker in junior but he fights them all now. The fight he had with Peters last year was a doozy until one of them got his orbital bone broken and stopped (I forget which one it was).

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought it was Peters who had his orbital bone broken.

EDIT: I'm wrong, it was McGrattan who was injured.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Last year I talked to one NHLer who told me that in his mind the most entertaining (he didn't say best) fighter to watch was Darren Langdon.

Draft saved Draft deleted