1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#replaceawordinafamousquotewithduck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 8, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are we mice or are we duck?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"Duck those Duckin' fans who come out here and say they're Cub fans that are supposed to be behind you rippin' every duckin' thing you do. I'll tell you one duckin' thing, I hope we get duckin' hotter than shit, just to stuff it up them 3,000 duckin' people that show up every duckin' day, because if they're the real Chicago duckin' fans, they can kiss my duckin' ass right downtown and PRINT IT.

"They're really, really behind you around here... my duckin' ass. What the duck am I supposed to do, go out there and let my duckin' players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the duckin' nickel-dime people who turn up? The motherduckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the duckin' game. They oughta go out and get a duckin' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a duckin' living. Eighty-five percent of the duckin' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A duckin' playground for the cocksuckers. Rip them motherduckers. Rip them duckin' cocksuckers like the duckin' players. we got guys bustin' their duckin' ass, and them duckin' people boo. And that's the Cubs? My players get around here. I haven't seen it this duckin' year. Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole duckin' life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.

"Alright, they don't show because we're 5 and 14... and unfortunately, that's the criteria of them dumb 15 motherduckin' percent that come out to day baseball. The other 85 percent are earning a living. I tell you, it'll take more than a 5 and 12 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There's some duckin' pros out there that wanna win. But you're stuck in a duckin' stigma of the duckin' Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals and all that cheap shit. It's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening duckin' situation that we're in right now. Anybody who was associated with the Cub organization four or five years ago that came back and sees the multitude of progress that's been made will understand that if they're baseball people, that 5 and 14 doesn't negate all that work. We got 143 duckin' games left.

"What I'm tryin' to say is don't rip them duckin' guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my duckin' ass. But don't rip them duckin' guys 'cause they're givin' everything they can give. And right now they're tryin' to do more than God gave 'em, and that's why we make the simple mistakes. That's exactly why."

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Four ducks and seven geese ago ..."

4. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

What's my opinion of Kingman's duck? What the fuck do you think is my opinion of it? I think it was fucking horseshit. Put that in, I don't fuckin' ... Opinion of his duck? Jesus Christ, he beat us with three fucking home runs! What the fuck do you mean, "What is my opinion of his duck?" How could you ask me a question like that, "What is my opinion of his duck?" Jesus Christ, he hit three home runs! Jesus Christ. I'm fucking pissed off to lose the fucking game. And you ask me my opinion of his duck? Jesus Christ. That's a tough question to ask me, isn't it? "What is my opinion of his duck?"

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may duck; involve me and I learn.
    (Ducky Benjamin Franklin)

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

That classic children's game Duck Duck Duck.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Four ducks and seven years ago ...

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

"I'm a man! I'm duck!"

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

"We will not go quietly into the night!
    We will not vanish without a fight!
    We're going to live on!
    We're going to survive!"