1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. Kucinich to File Articles of Impeachment In US House Against VP Cheney

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dennis answered second ring.

He said he's doing it because Cheney is a lying SOB.

That work for you?

2. As a matter of fact, if you can find a single position on a single major issue on which their position is NOT the majority one held by the American people -- including gay marriage, by the way, which they both oppose in favor of civil unions -- I wish you'd pass it along.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

hmm. i am not understanding your subtlety, wrirish.

5. zag, you'll soon find out talking to some of these people is like banging your head against a brick wall. I know, I can't stop it either, but ...

6. One picture will do, wi.

[​IMG]

7. And you can answer the question, too, if you'd like.
    If you can.

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Vice President's office will look into impeachment report Michael Roston Published: Wednesday April 18, 2007

Print This Email This

Vice President Dick Cheney's office was looking into news that Articles of Impeachment will be filed by Rep. Dennis Kucinich for crimes which have not yet been identified by the Democratic Congressman. The news appeared on a blog last night produced by the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper.

"Cheney's deputy press secretary, Megan McGinn, said she couldn't comment on Kucinich's email because she hadn't seen it," wrote Sabrina Eaton at the Plain Dealer's blog Openers.

She added, "Asked whether Cheney had done anything he could be impeached for, McGinn replied: 'The vice president has had nearly 40 years of government service and has done so in an honorable fashion.'"

RAW STORY also contacted McGinn yesterday, and was told that the Vice President's office would look into the question.

Yesterday, the Washington Post's Mary Ann Akers at her blog The Sleuth revealed Kucinich's plans to file Articles of Impeachment against Cheney.

"This week I intend to introduce Articles of Impeachment with respect to the conduct of Vice President Cheney," Kucinich, who is running for president, wrote in a "dear colleague" letter to fellow Members of Congress. Kucinich noted that the actual charges themselves were "confidential" prior to their formal introduction to the House of Representatives.

Kucinich's congressional staff refused to comment on the subject, and his campaign staff told RAW STORY that only his congressional office could answer questions on the matter.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Cheney_on_impeachment_papers_No_comment_0418.html

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Oh, just inserting a little "finish on yo grill" humor, in honor of the VP. Fenian just did it more economically.

Carry on with Kucinich vs. Cheney.

10. You, F_B, are dead to me.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

How about partial birth abortion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.