1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. David Wu (D. OR) accused of aggressive, unwanted sexual encounter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Just as surprised myself. In fact, soon after posting that I put on the Katy Lied album.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I understand that and I'm hopeful the state party backs someone other than the incumbent. Just because he's a Democratic incumbent doesn't mean Wu's good for the party.

'Course, I also understand Wu may still have legions of what we call " Yellow Dog" Dems who still vote for him if he were found in bed with a live boy or a dead hooker.

What are the chances of Wu getting gerrymandered from his seat? Is that possible in Oregon?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Who was the second? Did I miss one?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

56-year-old guy having sex with a high school senior? Puke. And that's the best case scenario.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Gen. John Shalikashvili, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Clinton.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Another scumbag politician...whoda thunk it? It can be stomach-turning to realize these people make decisions that effect our lives every day.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just what they need:

@jaketapper -- Jake Tapper

Pelosi: "I call on the Ethics Committee to initiate an investigation into the allegations against Congressman Wu."

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That reads better if you tack on "By the power of Greyskull" to the start of the quote.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

It must be contagious to the minority party....or at least it seems to trend that way.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not running for re-election, but will finish out his term:

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/07/rep_david_wu_wont_resign_wont.html

11. That's a suprising as the death of Amy Winehouse.

Stating the obvious here: This guy has some mental issues.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, he's not from New York and he's not named David Statutory, so this won't get the attention it deserves.

Draft saved Draft deleted