1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. David Wu (D. OR) accused of aggressive, unwanted sexual encounter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 23, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

One more headache for Nancy Pelosi.

Do they force him out immediately, so as not to be a distraction?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, Wu did have a tradition to uphold in Oregon politics.

(Hard for me to predict how this will play out for him; the revelation that he's fucking crazy didn't seem to set him back much, so I'm not sure what this will mean.)

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Serious question: It seems pretty obvious this guy has to go, but what does it mean that there's a pretty massively important vote going down soon (hopefully)? He has to stick around for that, right?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

She should have given him some pepper.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Only if pics of his cock are being circulated on the Net.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I first read this as "RIP David Wu." Thought that was an odd No. 3 death to cap off the day.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Well, realistically, I'm not sure there's much anyone can do to get rid of him at this point. He's not facing any charges. The other members of congress can't toss him out of their club for being an asshole.

He stands no chance of re-election, but I don't know that you're likely to see him leave before then. He's incapable of being shamed into leaving office or at least getting help, if the past is any indication.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

If she wanted to fend off his advances, she should have slipped him some cinnamon.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

She is lovely yes she's sly
    And you're an ordinary guy
    Has she finally got to you
    Can you hear me Doctor?

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Took that long for the Steely Dan reference?

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I loathe term limits. I believe that voters are the ones who can best decide who should represent them and for how long. But how can this guy keep getting elected?

Portland seems to be a pretty progressive town with plenty of (allegedly) intelligent people living there. I'd like to think my brethern in Portland would primary this guy in 2012.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Democratic state labor commissioner already announced against him and there will probably be more. I think the state party was trying to get him to just step down - but a guy in statewide office doesn't quit to run against a fellow Dem unless he knows he'll be supported by Dems with clout.

Draft saved Draft deleted