1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reno 911: Miami

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Feb 22, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

I went to the Philadelphia premiere of Reno 911:Miami tonight, and it was amazingly funny. I have to admit, I love the tv show but I went in to the movie thinking that this would be another shitty tv show turned movie that can't keep the audience laughing for an entire hour and a half, but it did!

Anyway here is my question for you guys, there was a radio station at the theater throwing out trivia on Reno 911 and they said that the cast was on the former MTV show "The State". I looked it up on IMDB and all of the user comments were praising this show and it sounded very funny. I have never seen this show, i'm too young to remember this, but it sounds great with a great ensemble cast. Does anyone know where I can watch some episodes or anything?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The State is classic. I love it. HOwever, there are no official dVDs. You can usually find some on eBay, but they'll be homemade ones.

"I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT!"

Ah, Louie.

3. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

you CAN however download the first season of the state off the MTV section on itunes. $1.99 a pop.

apparently, depending on how popular the download is, MTV will consider offering a dvd.
    http://www.the-state.com/

4. Garner

Garner Member

I had my fill of Reno 911 the first time around, when it was called Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol.

5. XXXX

XXXX Member

I just watched the first episode of "the state" and it was TERRIFIC! clearly ahead of it's time. MTV needs to release this DVD. that was so funny!

6. Were Barry and Levon on it? Those are some of the funnier characters on the show. And the appearances by the Pope. "I'm'a da Popa!"

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ouch!

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

"I'm Doug, and I'm outta ... heeeeeerrre."

Great, great show.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

There is no comparison between the two, though I'm sure that was fun to type. I think the same line was used in the other Reno 911 thread.

10. XXXX

XXXX Member

the only similarity is that they both feature cops. i would challenge you to honestly watch an episode and not laugh once.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

I had never seen the show before last weekend when I saw the trailer.
    I then DVRed 5 episodes and wife and I got hooked.
    So, now, we own season 3 on DVD and am going to the movie tonight.
    It is not Police Academy. It is frigging funny though.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

OK, got back from it.
    It's OK, a few laugh out loud moments, some nice cleavage shots from the topless beach scene.
    The plot is dumb but I guess you expect that going in.
    I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.
    If you're a fan, it's a must see, if not, wait for the DVD.
    And Dangle, Junior and one of the woman cops is hosting the 80s channel on XM as I write.
    Dangle's voice is a dead ringer's for Billy Bob Thornton.
    Too bad Billy Bob couldn't put in a guest spot as Dangle's daddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted