1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RENAMED: Survivor "Damn, There go the new football viewers 3 wks into the Show"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Re: Will you watch Survivor since Jimmy Johnson's on it?

Also, Jimmy was there one night. He was retching in the dark.
    In the morning, he was whining to his teammates and in his camera-confessional.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think that's where the Power necklace (or whatever it's called) comes into play. The adults' tribe (hey, I'm over 40) could have started with 1/5th of the tank filled. So if they use it correctly it should balanced out the kids' tribe advantage physically.

BTW, how did that one kid stay stoned on the island? Was he smoking coconut husks or something?

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I don't think Jimmy lost weight at Sequesterville, Loser Lodge, etc. Foodwise, at least, they live like kings.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A friend at Fox told me how far JJ goes. I WILL NOT post it, but if you want to know (assuming he's right). PM me.

It was hinted that JJ had a few extra priviledges in sequester which enabled some to figure out when he got booted.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I didn't like how they made JJ the central character in the first episode. It's kind of making him a freak show among the 18 castaways.

The first couple of episodes are always weird as you're getting to know everyone, but the character attachment builds as you go and it seems like CBS is just trying make this season all about Jimmy.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's the problem with the casting. You can't have somebody of his level of celebrity without it becoming a central point of the game.
    We discussing this last night. I was told 'Not everybody watches football, you know. You'd be surprised how many people wouldn't recognize him.'
    I said 'Just because some people don't follow football doesn't mean you can put 19 Americans on an island with Jimmy Johnson without all of them figuring out within 30 minutes that he's very famous.'

7. Mizzougrad96

If there were 20 people on the island, I'll bet eight took one look at him and knew immediately who he was. I'd bet of the remaining 12, six would know who he was if you told them his name and the other six would have no idea whatsoever.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That was kind of my point to the GF last night.
    And the six who have no idea whatsoever, but they know what the Dallas Cowboys are and what the Super Bowl is, so within 30 minutes the other 13 people have pretty explained to them that Jimmy Johnson is pretty famous.
    Everybody knows within 30 minutes.

9. Mizzougrad96

It's why the only reason famous people should be on is if they're competing against other famous people.

But Probst is right, most would quit and they'd have no show. They'd probably have to do it like The Apprentice and have it all done in two weeks.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

I think the Dolphins cheerleader will be formidable. Very formidable.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

It's only been one episode. I don't think every ep is gonna be Jimmy-centric.

I do think there is gonna be some tension between the two Jimmys and I look forward to that. I like Marty so far. He's my favorite on the older tribe.

Also, why don't the women on the show wear bathing suits under their clothing? I'm not complaining, but I think it looks funny with the women walking around in their Victoria Secret padded bras after they've been on the island for 2 hours. Be prepared.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

FOX NFL crew is just salivating to discuss his exit on the show, you can bet that. And they'd just as soon get that out of the way before, you know, the BCS discussion starts.

Wait. ESPN has that now.

They can wait until the finals then.

Draft saved Draft deleted