1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember that whole Climategate thing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TrooperBari, Feb 15, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Guys, the Heartland press release said the authenticity of the documents has not been confirmed. Shouldn't we wait to discuss this until the group that looks bad acknowledges that it looks bad? I mean, the authenticity has not been confirmed!

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The best part is the spokesman first said, the documents appear to have been from a January meeting ... I mean totally fake and/or altered.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does this suprise anyone? What did everyone think the Koch groups were doing? Fair and balanced research?

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Whoever was in charge of that particular about face should be getting an offer to join the Romney campaign any day now.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Tell that to Europe. Last I knew, they were part of the "globe," too.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny how the current weather only matters if it supports your point of view.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've always found it interesting how "global warming" morphed into "climate change" without anybody noticing.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, you see ...

Aww, fuck it.

9. outofplace

And if trying to bullshit your way out of your side getting caught doesn't work, just change the subject.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

January was the fourth-warmest since records were kept.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120208153449.htm

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Still amazes me that this issue has "sides".

12. outofplace

I'm not. You have people with money desperately trying to cloud the issue for their own self-interest. Then you have people on one side of the aisle who have issues with science to begin with, so they are happy to have an excuse to dismiss it.

That, and the people who discovered the problem did not explain it well and made a mistake calling it global warming. The term has always been too simplistic and it gives the "science is evil!" crew an excuse to question it.

Draft saved Draft deleted