1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remakes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Disagree, as Pacino was deep into his "''WAY over the top" overacting persona, by then, and sweet Jesus, did it show, there.

Say hello to my little friend.

What f'n bullshit.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Loved the original, and dreaded the news that they were going to remake it. But since they didn't mildlessly mimic the Rat Pack version, and displayed some originality chops, the sequel Did Not Suck. Not at all.

Rare, though.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Bishops Wife.
    The original with Cary Grant, David Niven and Lorreta Young was sublime.
    the remake of the Preacher's Wife Denzel Washington and Whitney Houston was pure shit.

Denzel Washington has done a number of remakes that sucked, including those previously mentioned The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 and The Manchurian Candidate

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Oh the ending of the TV series was much better IMO. David Jansen was outstanding as Richard Kimball.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's a good call. I know Stephen King hated the Stanley Kubrick version, which is a big reason the 1997 TV miniseries starring Steven Weber was made.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Night of the Living Dead - the remake's ending was different, if I recall.

Not sure about Dawn of the Dead, only because I can't remember how the original ended.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Original ended with the military guy and the woman flying off in the helicopter.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Definitely different from the remake, which had a police officer, but no military guy. Of course, the remake has a completely different ending if you don't stay through the credits.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

I liked the remake, too. But the original was, as is usually the case, a bit better, though. For a remake, I didn't mind the later version, either.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The remake featured a sweaty Jessica Biel in lo-rise jeans and a tank top for 90 minutes. I don't need to see the original to know the remake was better.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never saw the original. I'm really not much of a horror film fan. I only saw the remake because my nephew wanted somebody to take him, but it was entertaining. It was one of the first movies I saw, maybe the first, in which the real ending came after the credits started to roll. I know people who actually missed that part, which entirely changes how things turn out.

Draft saved Draft deleted