1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remaining Led Zep members to tour?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bonzo had croaked and Led Zep broken up well before I seriously got into classic rock (and had long gotten sick of listening to "Stairway to Heaven"), but I can appreciate their talent and their contributions. Of course, it was 1988 and I'd just read "Hammer of the Gods," so I had to give them a chance. I'm glad I did.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oh ... the first disc of "Physical Graffiti" was as good as it gets in the whole catalogue. The second disc ... not so much.

3. Sly

Sly Active Member

Just remember that Led Zeppelin didn't make music that everyone liked ... they left that to the BeeGees. (God, I love that line.)

Top 3 Zeppelin songs
    1. Over The Hills and Far Away
    2. Your Time Is Gonna Come
    3. The Lemon Song

Chuck Klosterman wrote about this in "Killing Yourself To Live," but I swear I'd been arguing the point for years ... You should never trust any man who didn't go through a Led Zeppelin phase. Man, how I wish I could go back to being 15 years old, hearing every song for the first time and having my mind blown open, track by track.

4. BBJones

BBJones Guest

That's no surprise, since I'm pretty sure there are no longer any Foreigner members in Foreigner.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

1) Kashmir. Sorry, Rasputin. I could listen to Plant and Bonham's crescendo on an endless loop.
    2) Fool in the Rain, Carouselambra (Bubbler's right/VERY underrated), the Rain Song, the Immigrant Song and yes, Stairway to Heaven.

Draft saved Draft deleted