1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious make up of the country displayed in map form

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Jan 18, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.bluegrassreport.org/ChurchBodies.gif">
    Not a big of surprise that the South is heavily Baptist. Click here for a bigger view.</a>

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The two Lutheran counties in southeast Texas must be where they make Shiner Bock. 8)

Freaky how Missouri is almost solid Baptist, while Kansas is mostly either Methodist or Catholic with a few Lutheran and Mennonite counties. Given Kansas' reputation for zeal, that's not the result I expected.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Looking at the map, I think you're right. That's right about where Shiner is.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Click here for a bigger view"? Yeah, I've fallen for that one before. I think I'll stick with what I've got right here. Thanks, though.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't worry Mike, that kind of red is SFW.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out how Montgomery and Tuscaloosa (I think) counties are Christian and Methodist, not Baptist.

7. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Utah? Mormon? What a shock.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Where the hell are the Presbyterians?

9. three_bags_full

You mean the Baptist-Light's?

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Kansas has lots of unaffiliated "bible churches," usually evangelical, sometimes fundamentalist and/or Pentecostal. Lots and lots of people whose families were traditionally Lutheran or Catholic now go to those churches. If you grouped those independent churches together, they'd likely be the majority in many Kansas counties.

11. three_bags_full

Fixed.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't see the concentration of followers of Horny and BBJ that one would expect near Tahoe.

Draft saved Draft deleted