1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Relationship advice needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by redman biffle, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Once the milk is spoiled, putting it back in the refrigerator doesn't make it good again.

Move on.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

First of all, sending her flowers and teddy bears borders on stalkerish. I'm telling you right now, you have likely become a laughingstock among her friends, who have probably also routinely verbally abused you, for doing stuff like that.

Secondly, she has moved on. She has made that very clear. Even if you once had a long conversation where the topic of you guys getting back together was breached, it's likely that she was just feeling lonely. She doesn't want to see you, she doesn't want to hear from you, what more hints do you need? Move on. You'll be better for it.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

In general, just a show of hands from the women here...has anyone ever been won over by a Teddy bear?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1. Binge drink through the weekend.
    B. Then go get a date with another person.

5. '1' gets followed by 'B'?

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I stick with roses and cell phone pics;)

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

brokeupmoveoneringboxbackdoorHRgoodlucklockit.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Of course, the binge drinking is part of the grieving process as he finally comes to grips with the fact that relationship is over.
    Dating is part of moving on.
    Grieving comes before moving on.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I guess that it's obvious that you don't know what sending someone a stuffed bear implies in Latino culture.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

III. Learn to hit "Return" or "Enter" to break up some paragraphs.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You are trash. Go away and leave her alone.

You make everybody sick, loser.

12. redman biffle

redman biffle New Member

Whether they have been negative or positive comments, I appreciate all your feedback. No I have not posted this before. I would like to emphasize that we go months without talking to each other. So I have no problem leaving her alone. I want her to be happy. I do care for her feelings. I didn't do a good job of that when we were dating but I do now and understand that it may not matter at this point.

Yes sending her the gifts I did, I know was wrong and weird. I am very interested in dating other people and have been doing so off and on for the past year and a half....my heart just keeps bringing her up though. Some of the dating advice I have received from others, they said give her a year of total no contact and then maybe ask her if she would like to meet for coffee and then if I get a no, that's it. But who knows, I may meet someone else. Just looking for advice. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted