1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly's Kaepernick column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Again -- does anyone have proof that was Reilly's actual prediction? Like a clip or something? I have seen a lot of secondhand and thirdhand mention of it, but I haven't seen any proof that he really said it.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nobody cares about Reilly's prediction. He's not relevant anymore.

3. ickeywoods

ickeywoods New Member

You know who didn't enjoy Reilly's Kaepernick column too much, besides almost everyone: Kaepernick's brother https://twitter.com/DarthKaepernick/status/296700391742132224

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I thought Kyle's remark was terrific. And he can say what Colin can't.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Pretty much sums it up.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Sid Bream is the father.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How great would it be if Kyle Smith were Alex's brother?

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Reilly way out of line on this. None of his business, not his job and his timing sucked too.

As an adoptee, long after parents passed I tracked down a birth sister. Whole experience was a big "meh." I'd had my parents, the folks who raised me, and my family. I didn't need another place to go on holidays. The birth mother did me a solid by not aborting, opting for adoption. Beyond that, we owed each other nothing. And I never would have lifted a finger, even out of curiosity, to search for any of the birth folks if my parents (I mention "adopted" here only for clarity, cuz I never referred to Mom and Dad that way) had still been around.

Someone like Reilly telling me to do it would have been shut up fast, I assure you.

Draft saved Draft deleted