1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly-Patrick I -- This Time, It's Insignificant.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 5, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I need to understand why either of these guys had to comment on each others career moves.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Simon/Fenian,

The proof is 1) in his scripts for television and 2) some of his soliloquies on radio. When Patrick was at his best, he was a brilliant writer -- for broadcast. Having done both broadcast and print, I recognize the differences, but he has real ability.

With help, it's my belief that he would have real potential. If he gets that teaching, he won't be Charles Pierce, but he could be quite good.

3. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Just flipped through the Nov. 12 Sports Illustrated. Looks good.

The Life of Reilly reads like a farewell column. Not certain when Reilly is leaving SI, but I would not be surprised if this column is his last, at least after reading it. (Or maybe he's just cleaning out the drawer and running six columns he wrote years ago. That wouldn't surprise me.)

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Okay, okay! Maybe I was being generous... lol

Draft saved Draft deleted