1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly on Tiger

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sprtswrtr10, Jun 18, 2013.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Tiger has the yips with the putter in Majors. Period. When is someone gonna' finally write it? He doesn't have it at Bay Hill or Doral or Firestone or Slapass Hills or whereever because...why would he? They're meaningless to him.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Truth. Someone asked him about his putting struggles last week, maybe it was a post-round scrum, and he first answered with "well I lead the Tour in putting, blah blah". Then the questioner specified majors and he responded, more quietly, "yeah."

3. Regarding his injury: Tiger said he needs rest and treatment and won't play again until Muirfield.

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

It's the putting, y'all, with a dose of short-game. I had this conversation tonight at dinner.
    Tiger has always had the ability to grind a 69 or 70 out of a round that should have been 74 because his short game was magnificent and he was the best clutch putter since Nicklaus. In his majors drought, that hasn't been the case.
    I'm not saying he won't win another major or pass Nicklaus, but it's going to be tough.

Draft saved Draft deleted