1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"reign over me" on starz

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Apr 26, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

you mean "reign over me?" eddie vedder.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think Reign Over Me was probably marketed (or at least had too many mentions as being a 9/11 movie) to warrant a wide audience interest at first. But I think Sandler was fantastic in the movie. Not what I expected. And I thought he could act ever since Spanglish. I will watch that movie anytime I see it on cable. The scene where Tea Leoni admits cheating on him, and he responds with the "there is a crack in the universe" monologue is just awesome.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

indeed. 9/11 isn't even specifically mentioned in the film. it's talked around. even when cheadle's character tells liv tyler about his troubled friend, he describes sandler as a guy who lost his family in a plane crash. bizarre that he just wouldn't say, "on one of the 9/11 planes." that's how out of their way binder and co. strived not to make "a 9/11 film." even when binder explains to cheadle why sandler has cut him off, he just says "from sept. 12, 2002 he wouldn't have anything to do with me."

but people kept away from the theatres like they did for "united 93," another great, great film that understandably was too soon for folks to flock to because it was specifically about the plane that didn't make it to washington.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's the one Sandler movie I haven't seen. I don't want to watch it with commercial breaks and censoring.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I love this movie.

Sandler is so so good in it, and I'm a guy who hates 90% of his dreck.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I truly don't understand how people don't think his movies are funny. I really don't.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I truly don't understand your face.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Touching movie, and both Sandler and Cheadle were excellent.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Few do.

10. ArnoldBabar

That's because nobody ever sees it. You sit around watching reruns of bad TV (I caught like 5 minutes of "SBTB" the other day, just enough to be reminded that it was awful ), eating cereal and posting on here. Who sees your face? :)

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

First of all: You're wrong about The Bell.

Second of all: I haven't had cereal in the house for two weeks. I'm pretty tight on money, so I've been living on hot dogs, Spaghettios and beer for a few days.

Third of all: Lately, on a normal week, those who see my face are a few guys from work and my ex-girlfriend. There's other people in stores and whatnot, but I don't know their names. They might not even be real, either. I might have imagined them.

12. ArnoldBabar

Cereal is more expensive, meal for meal, than hot dogs, spaghettios and beer? That doesn't seem right.

Seriously, though, the Bell -- awful. I have loved plenty of awful things. There's no shame in it. OK, some shame.

Draft saved Draft deleted