1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"reign over me" on starz

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Apr 26, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

It's spelled "twerp."

</spelling pedant who still loves the LOLcats.>

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Monday morning. Don't bring Sugarman.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not in my book.

4. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Reign Over Me is a great movie with a great soundtrack. I didn't watch it at the movie theatre. One of the reasons was the notion that Sandler wouldn't be good in this role because he is a comedian. But he was really good. Cheadle was awesome as always. I saws it for the first time about three weeks ago on one of the movie channels. SInce then I have watched it about six times. It's a really well made movie.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bought it on DVD recently from an online store. I opened it Friday, and while the case was lovely, it had no disc. I was a little angry until I got my refund -- and I was able to watch the whole thing today.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It wasn't until my second or third viewing until I caught that it's B.J. Novak.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had to look him up to see what else he's done. Guess which show I haven't watched. ...

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

"rom" just began on channel 341 -- or somewhere in the starz universe. 8)

my bad. thought the lawyer twerp was a reference to the accountant twerp. my bad.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's OK, Shockey. They both suck.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Did the store specifically say it was supposed to come with the disc? Maybe you're just being too demanding.

Reminds me of when people were selling X-box boxes on eBay. They'd word it just so, and the buyers couldn't complain because the ad only technically offered the box.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You know, I never saw the words "disc" or "DVD." My fault, totally. Next time I'll just read more carefully. Thanks, AB.

Anybody want a nice case?

12. Maybe I'm wrong, but was that Sandler singing in the closing credits?

That was awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted