1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Regular or goofy? Winter X Games thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 23, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Looks like he's alright. Seems like he just got the wind knocked out of him. He's one lucky bastard, though.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

And one crazy bastard, too.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That was fantastic. That's exactly why I enjoy watching this, you never know what someone's going to try.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

On again ...

Shaun White makes it look so easy.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Some love the X Games.
    I could care less. Don't watch them ever.

I won't say I "hate" them
    Hate is too strong of a word.

I just don't think twice about them, and never watch them.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Then why post on this thread?

I never understand why people find it necessary to post on a thread and declare how much they dislike or don't care about a sport. It's retarded.

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

WFW. Beat me to it, SC.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

You are thinking way too hard about this, SCk.
    I posted a comment.
    Move on. There are too many "post police" on the board.
    Anyone can say anything, anytime.
    As a 22,500-post vet, you should understand the rules around here.

Deeds, I'll give you a free pass.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Gee, I was just expressing how stupid I found the practice of beating one's chest and declaring that you hate a sport on a thread started by people who enjoy said sport.

I'm sorry if you fail to understand that. I'm sorry that you're uncomfortable being called out for acting like an asshat.

At more than 2,000 posts, you should understand the rules around here as well.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I can't imagine watching Shaun White's slope-style run and not starting to hold your breath about halfway through. Whether you're a fan or not.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

To me, the thread title seemed to ask whether you liked it or not. At least that's how it looks to those of us who don't know regular from goofy and thought it was another way of saying "like or dislike?"

12. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I absolutely love the Winter X games. Sure, maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that I used to go to Aspen/Snowmass/Buttermilk a lot as a kid, but there's also something about them that's just fun to watch. It's almost as if everyone there is having so much fun being there, you can't help but have fun with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted