1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush Fined $5,000 for Bears Game Taunt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Thoughts?

I don't like it, as a precedent. Who's next to get fined? This is dicey territory, IMO.

Goodell trying to lay the smack down.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I bet the game officials caught hell for not throwing a flag on play for taunting.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Since he committed two acts on the same play which have been specifically cited as examples of taunting -- holding out the ball and then the swan dive into the end zone -- not surprising they came down with at least a wrist slap.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't think there was anything wrong with the swan dive. The pointing at Urlacher was a little over the top though.

5. Boom_70

From what standpoint- that "swan dive" was within rules or that it was a good football play?

6. Chuck~Taylor

That it was within the rules. Players always do different dives as they go into the endzone. Yes, even when they're all alone.

P.S. It was pretty tight though.

7. Boom_70

Do you think it was a smart play on Bush's part ?

8. Chuck~Taylor

Well, if you're talking ethics, it probably wasn't. But I don't agree that it "fired the Bears up". They didn't want to win because Bush pointed at them. They wanted to win because they were one win away from the Super Bowl.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

More injuries to players who dive into the end zone for no reason would serve them right.

10. Chuck~Taylor

And it's not like he hasn't done this before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Broken clavicle, here we come!

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Premeditated taunting? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted