1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush ain't looking too clean

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Sep 14, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, and I thought Ed Werder was all over TO.......
    ESPN ain't got shit on what Yahoo is doing with Bush.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Damn, you beat me to it Ragu.

I always thought Bush was the good athlete. But I guess everyone was just fooled.

Can anything be done about it now that he's in the pros? Will he have to pay back the assumed $100,000 in gifts and stuff?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

IIRC, Bush will be fine, it's USC that will get fucked by this.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Agreed, Doc. Nothing will happen to Bush. But it sounds like USC is in a world of shit.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I never thought he was the good athlete, as much as I thought he was the serious athlete. He knew it's a business and I think he was singled-minded about taking care of his family, to the extreme that he went so overboard that there was a ridiculous paper trail left to rat him out.

The NCAA can't do anything to Bush other than take away his eligibility after the fact. The question is, does it now decide that USC was complicit somehow for not showing more institutional control and what punishment does it give to USC as a result?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

As Starman would say: UC-Irvine's gonna pay.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

That's a screwed up system, isn't it?

How the hell is USC supposed to stop that, you know? I mean, maybe someone involved with the team had an idea it was going on, but what are they gonna do? As soon as the money changed hands, it was a violation and penalties were on the way. There has to be a better way to handle this shit. If it's the school's boosters, that's one thing. But if it's some athlete or some parent of some athlete taking money from an agent, no way should the school be taking the hit for that shit.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not a fine time for USC.

Bush proves to be one of the dirtiest players in memory. LenDale White can't get off the bench for a dog-ass titans team. And Mike Williams is the no. 6 receiver in Detroit.

Good work, Pete. Good to see you're still running a country club.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yo man you all are just hating THE Ohio State University is the best in the country so what you have to say about that. [/COCKDIAN's retarded older brother]

11. a question or two...

reggie bush "dirty player" compared to whom?

is reggie bush any different from the ucla basketball players who carried john wooden to all of those championships?

is pete carroll any different from wooden?

and yahoo has done a nice job and i like wetzel.... but i don't like the ncaa-must-strip-usc-of-its-title column... why? just so yahoo can have a scalp to legitimize its investigation?

this isn't academic fraud.... it's money...

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Don't know that I disagree with anything other than the line above, but damn, that's one hell of a line.

Carroll's no different than Wooden? That's like saying, Is there any difference between Jason Whitlock and Jim Murray?

Draft saved Draft deleted