1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reebok Depot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 24, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'll sell you a game-worn Kevin Seitzer home jersey.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting that The Steelers are not listed.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It might be with the Super Bowl stuff.

4. Mizzougrad96

I'll trade you 100 of his 1987 Fleer rookie cards of his for it. :)

5. Mizzougrad96

They got the Brett jersey in... 48 hours after I placed an order...

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bad knockoffs ... the same bad knockoffs one sees on eBay.

Whalercanes sweaters, whose numbers are not the normal block font, are off. Carolina Panthers jerseys have font almost reminscent of the Patriots. Blue jerseys look like what is known in the region as Carolina Blue as opposed to Electric Blue.

How many fans notice? How many fans care? Dunno. But, if I'm going to spend the money and time to do such a task, it needs to be right. And these aren't. Tread carefully.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Enjoy the

BRENT

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Inspected by
    [​IMG]

9. Mizzougrad96

I felt the exact way you did until I saw an order.

10. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I'm curious about your definition of "legitimate."

But they are a "WTO Member" so it must be on the up-and-up.

11. Mizzougrad96

A woman I work with ordered a jersey for her husband and when it arrived she thought it looked too big. She drove to the official stadium store for the local NFL team and they let her swap it for a smaller size. She said when the two jerseys were next to each other you couldn't tell the difference.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is she one peddling the fakes? If so, you know as well as all of us that some of them will tell you anything because they're pretty sure that most people don't know the difference.

The Carolina Panthers jerseys are fakes. Material for letters and numbers is usually too shiny. Stitching can lack consistency. Worse, for bad fakes, the blue is usually off. The ones on the site are a Carolina Blue - too light to be believed.

And, just in case one wants to argue that the settings or whatever was done in PhotoShop caused the difference, the Carolina Hurricanes sweaters are dead giveaways.

Notice the black trim around the numbers and letters is more consistent on the legitimate sweaters than it is on the fakes listed on this site. In addition, the font is way off and the white panels in the sleeves are not what they should be. The fakes have it the same depth all around, while the legitimate products are not the same depth.

I won't argue with anyone who thinks some of this stuff is overpriced. But, I still argue, that if you're going to do this, get it right. Otherwise, the ripoff is even more obvious ... if that's possible.

EDIT: Tried to make photo comparos work, but could not. Do your own research and please tread carefully.

Draft saved Draft deleted