1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins hire Jim Zorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 9, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

As soon as I saw this roll across the ESPN ticker, I pronounced the Redskins as Team Trainwreck.

That should be the official new name for the burgundy and gold. Dumbass Snyder.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow dude. it's not zorn's fault you really don't know squat about the history of sports.

just sayin'.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wow, if you think so, cool.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hb, read your post.

5. Flying Headbutt

Do you mean the part about Nettles, where I was being facetious?

Or the part about other more or less non-descript QB's from when I was in pre-school?

Are kids going to be faulted for not knowing Chad Pennington 25-years from now? Or how about Jeff Garcia?

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Zorn played until 1987. That was the first year I followed football.

The Redskins = laughing stock as long as Shitstain Snyder owns the team. He's the NFL's Peter Angelos.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Our age? Maybe not, although hell -- all you had to do was watch a few afternoons full of "NFL Films Presents" on ESPN in the mid-1990s to pick up on names like Zorn. :D

And certainly, anybody over, say, 33 who paid even scant attention to football as a kid would probably be aware of Jim Zorn. He wasn't a mediocre QB, by any means. And he was throwing to a pretty high-profile guy in Largent for all those years.

Zorn > Spagnuolo. By any practical measure, but especially by Q rating.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

forget it, dude. i apologize. i wasn't trying to demean you.

9. Flying Headbutt

Though, as you said, it's different here in NFC East land, which has been inhabited around here by the likes of Shroeder, Williams, Rutledge, Conklin, Rypien, Gannon, Shuler, Frerotte, and tons others around here. And I don't even like the Deadskins.

Oh, and my parents never had (and still don't) have cable. So I wasn't watching NFL Films in the mid-90's. It was probably child abuse, I know.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Any football fan who's at least 12 years old now -- and paying any sort of attention to the league -- is going to know Chad Pennington's name in 25 years. Guaranteed.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I get commercials on my TV now ... about how to prepare for the "transition" away from analog when it becomes mandatory in 2009. It makes me laugh.

12. Flying Headbutt

Buck, what if they're four-years-old? Will they then? Hell, I was only six the last season Zorn did anything.

Oh, and my dad is already getting ready for that "transition." I'm not even kidding.

Draft saved Draft deleted