1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reds hire Dusty Baker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 13, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hi, d_b scorpio

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't make me kill you on my way out.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Relax, Mr. Scorpion. Go for a fun run and nap out back in the hammock. You'll feel better.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

As long as Maryann is in the hammock.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Mackanin is a great guy, but teams tend to think of him as being more bench coach/third base coach. Reds could have had him for a fraction of what they'll pay Dusty, but he never seemed to be taken seriously.

It's just an odd thing. Teams will hire horseshit managers but they won't give Mackanin a shot because he somehow comes across as less than "managerial." Maybe Jim Tracy can sell Pete his line of bullshit since it looks like he won't be using it.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

The Reds need a "players' manager" like a hole in the head ... horrible move.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Preachin' to the choir.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well, it was nice to see the Reds get a "name" guy. But as a Reds fan I don't like Cubs rejects, either.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was really hoping Dusty would replace La Russa in St. Louis. On a positive note the Brewers no longer have the dumbest manager in the division.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I would agree as well, but the Reds made it clear that Mackanin was not going to be considered, even if he interviewed or not.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dusty Baker... Grover wasn't available?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She's in the hammock district. That's on third.

Draft saved Draft deleted