1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rediscovering Aussie Rules Football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Aug 21, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I don't claim to be an Aussie Rules Football expert, but I've always loved watching it. I was stoked to get Setanta because that was the first thing I watched. It's such an entertaining game to watch. I love watching those guys bounce the football, bump it with a fist to pass upfield, lateral it, make outstanding catches and get uncontested punts.

And of course, the eloborate finger pointing to signal a score is the best part of any match. I once saw a guy score on a bicycle kick from about 10 yards out, one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in sports. The goal judge was laughing so hard from amazement he could barely get the energy to point his fingers.

Side story: I believe Darren Bennett, the old Chargers punter, was an Aussie Rules player. I heard when he first came to America and started punting for the Chargers, he used to get in trouble for trying to run down field to make the tackle instead of being the last line of defense.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Maybe DirecTV will package it with the Big 10 Network.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

True story.

4. statrat

statrat Member

Jets punter Ben Graham is also a former Aussie rules star.

Draft saved Draft deleted