1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

redirect urls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 16, 2011.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, I've started getting these redirect urls (amazingarticles.info and several others keep coming up instead of my designated home page) on my home computer. At first it was just in IE, but now they've gotten into Firefox too. What the hell are they? And how do I get rid of them?

Rosie? Anyone?

2. mb

mb Active Member

You're gonna need to google the hell out of "google redirect virus" if you've got what I had awhile back. It's a nasty mother. I might have even gotten the solution here. Maybe search that term here, too.

I think what finally worked for me was Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Free. I had to try about a half a dozen things before I finally found something that worked.

3. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

That Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is fantastic. Get that ASAP!

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'll vouch for that. Indispensable.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Malwarebytes is excellent, I have it on all our computers.

What anti-virus are you using?

PM me if you're still having troubles, I haven't been checking in every day, been swamped with the real world.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm using Norton. Installed and ran malwarebytes last night. It seems to have done the trick, though now I'm getting instructions to enable cookies on IE (which I've upgraded to version 9). MWB found a handful of threats that was slipping through Norton, which previously I'd have sworn by. I guess nothing is infallible.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What's a virus? [/mac snob]

Draft saved Draft deleted