1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Sox fans can't take a joke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Sep 17, 2007.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

It was a joke. Just like the funny kind, but much different. And if Duncan goes back to Triple-A, I'm sure the odds are very good that those mouth-breathing parents will be first in line at Pawtucket to scream shit right back at him.

He shouldn't have done it, but it wasn't the crime they're making it out to be.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What he said.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Fuck Red Sox fans. I love the team, but the little snot-nosed kids, the overly entitled middle-age men, and especially the pink-hatters (95% of the women who watch the Sox are ridiculously baseball retarded; it's not a hard game to figure out, ladies) need to go away permanently and stop raising the ridiculous ticket prices at Fenway.

The kid was 10 years old...if he's ever been to a Sox game or watched Sox-Yanks on TV, he's heard Yankees Suck at some point. Time to grow up. Good for Duncan for showing a little personality.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

"Messed up" by this?

Seriously?

I don't know what kids you're around, but elementary school kids, once they get past about second grade, are fuckin' mean to one another, by and large.

Fuck, some days this country is thin-skinned. Kid needs to go root for the Devil Rays so he can toughen up a little bit.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I second that notion.

Shelley Duncan: PhilaYank's new favorite Yankee!
    [​IMG]

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Sheeeeeeeeit, I'm actually in total agreement with a Red Sox fan. Strike me down with a feather!

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I won't go as far as King did, but I will say that it's one thing for an adult to do something to a kid, and another thing for it to be coming from another kid.

I don't think there was any malice intended, but it showed some bad judgment.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And with that, I can agree... I just can't buy that this kid would be "messed up" by something like this.

9. When I say messed up, I mean confused, perhaps a little upset. And I frankly don't have a problem with that. I think it's being blown out of proportion, and the father should have said to the kid, "he's just kidding with you, don't take it seriously," but that clearly never happened. All's I'm saying is I can understand how a little kid could get upset about this.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

How is a kid confused over a three word statement? It isn't like Boom wrote it.

11. "Mommy, I just wanted an autograph. Why did the baseball player say my team sucks?"

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The pussification of kids continues

Draft saved Draft deleted