1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Robin burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That would explain why I seem to be one of the only people in Texas that has ever heard of them.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board Buck. The only time Whataburger is good is at 2:30 a.m. after a night at the bars.
    Whataburger is just like Wendy's or McDonalds or any of that other drek.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Red Robin is to Ruby Tuesdays is to Applebees is to TGIFridays is to any other standard, sit-down chain restaurant. An hour's drive? Not even worth it.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Completely agree. The good tomato slices, the shredded lettuce, the onion slices, the mayo, the BBQ sauce, the mustard .... Only one Fuddruckers in my area now but RR is moving in. Ate at an RR in suburban Denver on a work road trip this summer. Wasn't that impressed. If I recall correctly, I asked for medium rare and got medium well.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I agree Red Robin isn't worth an hour's drive, but it's better than the other restaurants you mentioned. And try the Royal Red Robin Burger -- if it's your cheat day, you might as well go for the burger with a fried egg on it.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but only red robin serves a flat-on-your-beak special. solid drink.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Amen.

I'd eat at McD's 8 times a day before I'd ever put Whataburger in my mouth again.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow - with zero regard to the "fun with quotes" regulars. ballsy indeed.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The truth will always shine brightest, Tomas.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

RR freezes their ground beef. Because of this, RR is (ta-ta-tad-da-ta) over-ra-ted.

You are much better off going to a steak house and ordering a burger off their menu. Ground beef loses everything if it is frozen into patties.

That all said, they do have an awesome selection of what to put on your burger, but it's like polishing dog crap.

11. Don't forget the strawberry lemonade, pretty awesome. Not to mention the burgers aren't all that bad, I prefer the bacon cheesburgher, but the menu is pretty full, so you will likely get what you want when you go in there, you have plenty of choices. As some have mentioned, the fries, both the refills and spices are amazing.

12. I had an ex-girlfriend whose favorite restaurant "ever" was Red Robin.

Thankfully, we only dated for five months and my exposure to this mediocre chain was limited to no more than a dozen meals. There's nothing that stands out as anything better than Applebee's. Fuddruckers is better.

Draft saved Draft deleted