1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Robin burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In the last few months, I've seen ads on TV for a chain restaraunt called Red Robin.
    I've always enjoyed a good hamburger, especially on my cheat day (from the other 6 days of healthy eating) and was wondering if anybody has eaten at one of these places and how good it is and what you might recommend.
    There are two Red Robins in my state, each about an hour from me. I wouldn't drive that far just for a burger, but if I'm ever in the area on a Saturday, if it's any good, I might want to check it out.
    How does it compare to say, Fudrucker's or someplace like that?

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

On par with Fuddrucker's, but a bit more expensive.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I let a woman I was dating convince me to try the fried zuccini the only time I've been there... absolutely disgusting, to the point I can't even remember what else I had...

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I haven't been to a Fuddrucker's in years, but I suspect Red Robin's better than that. It's an actual sit-down restaurant, where Fuddrucker's always seemed to be entirely too expensive, not fast enough food.

That said, the "bottomless" basket of fries is the best thing about Red Robin.

If you're going to cheat, why not go crazy at Cheesecake Factory instead?

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We just had a burger debate. And it remains the same, despite this stupid-ass survey:

In-N-Out

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/47223/

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Love that place! much better than Fuddruckers! Nice atmosphere.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

People who didn't like it the first time tend not to try it again, so we can't really claim any expertise. I'm aware that I might have caught them on a bad day.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Agreed on the bottomless fries. Gourmet cheeseburger is solid.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Love the place, but I like the fixins bar at Fuddruckers better...

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

The one near me is always a circus. It's a family restaurant, understood, but it seems to go the extra mile to accomodate a three-year-old's birthday part on the days that I've been there.

I'd say I've visited three or four times. I found the burgers to be nothing special and, thus, haven't really gone back. I'll prefer Chili's or Friday's for a chain burger any day of the week.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Red Robin's burgers are awesome and the fries seasoning is amazing.

The Whiskey River BBQ burger is my favorite, though there gourmet cheeseburger is legit as well. The closest one to me right now is 2.5 hours away and that sucks. I grew up eating at Red Robin and miss it badly.

Did they start in the Northwest?

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

From http://www.redrobin.com/redrobin/home/about-us/history.aspx:
    "Red Robin started as a tavern near the University of Washington in the 1940’s. It was called Sam’s Tavern. Sam sang in a barber shop quartet and loved to sing the song “When the red robin goes bob bob bobbin along…” Sam eventually changed the name of his tavern to Sam’s Red Robin."

Draft saved Draft deleted