1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Hook

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Anybody in the Midwest should check out just about anything from Bell's. Three Floyds has some good beers too. Don't know how far Bell's goes, but I know it's slowly making its way as far as Florida from Michigan. They have a newer beer appropriately titled Hopslam that's nice.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm so glad i don't have to drink mediocre beer any more.

3. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Of course, my opinion would probably be more respected, if I was bright enough to use the quote function correctly.....

5. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

This thread just reminded me again why I love living in the northwest so much. Or at least one of the many reasons.

6. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Schlafly is superb, most of their beers are better than the comparable Boulevards. But they've only recently begun expanding outside St. Louis, and only to KC, Memphis, Indy, those sorts of places. I was trying to think of something Angola might be able to get in Texas, as I think Boulevard is more widely distributed.
    So 'Gola, if you're in the Lou, drink Schlafly.
    And if in Michigan, Bells.

7. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

You're calling Bell's mediocre? Really?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

:D don't worry about it, man. i've made a couple of posts here, and the quote function still sneaks up and kicks my ass on occasion.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes, yes i am.

and please don't confuse mediocre with bad. bell's is serviceable, just nothing to hang my hat on. i get some of the best beer in the world where i live, and i have a lot of variety.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'll check these out when I am in Austin in May. Austin tends to have a lot of beer you can't get in my neck of the woods.

Draft saved Draft deleted