1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Record for free throws missed in a prep game?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Central-KY-Kid, Jan 18, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Helen Keller High?

How is this possible?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

One mean press.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Weren't the Kansas Jayhawks something like 10-30 in the national title game a few years back against Syracuse?

4. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

I had Conrad McRae in a game in which he went 13-for-27 from the line all by himself. It was evident he'd be a great fit at Syracuse.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

12-of-30 actually.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=234000063

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Over the Christmas break, I covered a girls game where a team missed 27 free throws. I think they were something like 20-for-47. They also had 35 turnovers.

Wasn't even close to the worst I've ever seen, though.
    Few years ago, I covered a private school game where the two teams combined to shoot 89 free throws and commite 85 turnovers. They had 28 turnovers in the first quarter alone.
    Team A was 22-for-53 (31 misses, if you don't feel like doing math) from the line. Believe it or not, they still won by a point in overtime. Mainly because Team B had seven players foul out and played the last minute and a half with four players on the court. Team B shot 36 free throws, but I don't know how many they missed. I'd guess 20-something.
    I just spent almost 30 minutes trying to find that game story. Gotta love slow Saturdays on the desk.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

The best boys team in New Jersey -- and Top 5 in the country -- went 17 of 45 from the free throw line today...and won 57-52.

8. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

I was cleaning my desk and files this week. I was looking at a 3-month old scoresheet of a girls basketball game. One team was 1-11 with free throws, the other team was 4-16. You gotta love girls high school basketball.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How the fuck can you suck that much at free throws? Holy shit.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

reason 12,571 why chicks NEVER should play hoops.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

No offense, Tomas. but we had a BOYS game friday night that was 23-0 at the end of the first and 43-2 at haftime

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've always said I enjoyed watching the average high school girls game than the average high school boys game. It always looked like there was more strategy and fewer me-first mentalities on the floor.

Draft saved Draft deleted