1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recent celebrity sighting (here's mine, add yours) ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That explains the desire for pot there ...

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

In the Forum shops.

He was with a tarted-up woman half his age. It was hard to tell who was more tired looking.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Dredging this one up to say my folks flew from Pennsylvania to Los Angeles yesterday.

Sitting next to them on the plane?

Squiggy.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I got a couple of text messages and photos from Brett Favre. I think he had the wrong number.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

He's a big baseball guy, part owner of some minor league teams, I think. He used to be in the Dodger Stadium press box all the time. Wonder if he was on his way to SF for the NLCS.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He was also one of the handful of original subscribers to Bill James' Baseball Abstract, signing up for it in the ad in the back of The Sporting News in the late 1970s. So blame him ...

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'd rather be sitting next to Squiggy's smokin' hot daughter.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

[​IMG]
    *bites palm*

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

More like an athlete sighting, but Goose Gossage played my course today all day. I guess he comes here every year for a day or two to play, but considering it's my first year at the course, it was neat.

Very generous as well.

10. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Can't remember if I already weighed in and too lazy to check 14 pages ...
    Since moving to NYC, the celeb sightings have ... well, let's just say they've been a lot more common than when I lived in other places.
    My fave is unknowingly asking Patricia Clarkson for directions. I did a silent 'holy shit' during and afterward. She was out walking her dogs in the East Village.
    Passed Ethan Hawke in a crosswalk on 23rd and 9th. I texted my friend ... "Holy hell, I just walked past Ethan Hawke" He replied: "Was he singing 'I'm Nuthin.' I totally pretended not to notice but was starstruck.
    Saw Rhea Pearlman with her kid waiting for a subway at the Bergen St. stop in Brooklyn. Little drunk, so can't remember their names, but saw the Guardian Angels guy and the one who was Tony's council and Springsteen's guitarist (Steve VanZandt, right?). Anyway ... I walked past them. Oh .. saw Magic Johnson signing books at the Penn Station Borders. Yeah, yeah, I know. These are boring as shit. Once shared a plane from Detroit to Philly with Joe Dumars. That's about all I got.

11. nck228

nck228 Member

It's amazing how many celebs you'll see in New York City, especially anywhere below 14th Street in Manhattan. I once had to go on a tour of the West Village for a class assignment, and our group passed Kiefer Sutherland just off Seventh Avenue. And then, about two years ago, my friend and I saw Gerard Butler walking up Union Square West. Also saw Adrian Grenier outside one of the NYU dorms once, and my sister claims to have seen James Franco around Washington Square a few times.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Last fall on a flight to Maui, my wife sat next to Michelle Phillips, singer for The Mamas & The Papas. Still quite attractive at 66 years old, and you could see traces of how beautiful she used to be.
    Yes, she was in the back of the plane with us, and she was delightful. Her friend was in the window seat, Michelle in the middle, my wife on the aisle. I was across the aisle. Lots of chatter about Michelle's daughter China. It made for a fun flight. Vino contributed.
    They were staying at a house owned by a guy they knew at south end if Kihei Road in Wailea. They mentioned his name a few times. When we got to Maui, we saw a billboard with the guy's name on it. He was running for governor of Hawaii and the election was a few days away.

Draft saved Draft deleted