1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason no. 9,310 why I am buying XM/Sirius

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jun 4, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Personally, I hate satellite radio. If I had to choose, I'd pick up sirius because of Stern and the Tide.

I just do not understand why people pay for music. It's free. To me it's like renting a movie when it's being showed on TV. Yeah, you miss out on a couple cuss words, but you save the $5 from Blockbuster.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

It's a price of convenience. In your movie example, no commercials, watch when you want, you can rewind, stop, pause. For many people that is worth the nominal fee of $5.

3. farmerjerome

Maybe I'm just to poor to understand. :'(

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, but find me one movie today that's not edited to death for broadcast purposes (thanks Janet Jackson!).

As for satellite radio, it's like the greatest mix CD times 50. It's worth the monthly fee for the variety and to know there are, at any time, 10 stations playing a song I'd like to hear. Instead of stopping on the dial when you find one good song, like you do on sucktastic terresterial radio, I often find myself scanning the dial even more in search of another song I like even more. It's like my very own version of Press Your Luck, except with no whammies!!! :D

5. farmerjerome

I get that same variety on my iPod. Just put it on shuffle, and there are 1,000 songs that I picked.

6. farmerjerome

If Jackie was back, that would be great.

Draft saved Draft deleted