1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Really bad names

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WazzuGrad00, Nov 4, 2008.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

It's "As-WEEP-ay."

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My mom works with a lady named Regina Kuntz

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

We got a name for a girl at work the other day named Destanee Fine.
    Did her parents plan her career in the adult entertainment industry or what?

I was in the Navy with a guy named Richard Richard Jr.. Not Richard RichardS, but Richard Richard. I guess with the Jr. part, his dad said "Guess what, I'm stuck with it, so are you."

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Once knew of a H.S. principal named Richard Hoare.

Wife's name? Ima.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was a softball coach at Southern Miss a couple years back named Gay McNutt.

6. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I've run across a few, though I think the first two are good instead of bad.

Magnus Bitsch - foreign exchange student who as an all-district football player. Quite possibly the greatest football name I've ever heard, just a bit better than Bronko Nagurski.

Precious Hands - All-state guard in girls basketball.

Rosie Arreola - ran across this one while taking a picture at the local middle school (easy there, mind in the gutter) several years ago. After taking photos of the girl and others in her group working on a project, I asked them each their names. When she told me her name, I turned to the teacher and before I could even say a word, the teacher said, "Yes, that's her name."

Linda Long Cox - Area lady with the last name of Long who married a guy named Cox. Insisted on keeping both names.

Dr. Dick Tapper - This is the professional name of a friend's urologist.

Rev. Larry Knigga - The 'K' is pronounced and the last name has three syllables -- ka-NIG-a, as in "My Knigga!" Oh, yeah, he's white.

Tara Dickensheets -- Played women's basketball at Capital University a few years back.

Any baby named Neveah -- That's Heaven spelled backward.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I feel like I just read a letter in Penthouse.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Teacher in my high school was named Harry Putz.

Girl in my graduating class was named Sara Uren.

9. Notepad

Notepad Member

Can I get some love for former IOC vice prez Dick Pound?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No. In my experience with him, he was a dick.

At my snooty rich-kid grade school there was a girl named Ladye Jane Something (forget the last name). Some teachers practically sneered when calling roll.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

He already got some love on the first page of the thread.

Along the same lines, I've always got a chuckle out of Dick Pole. If I were ever in position to assemble a baseball coaching staff, he and Rusty Kuntz would be my first two selections.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

President-Elect Barack Obama.

Too soon?
    ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted