1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Really bad names

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WazzuGrad00, Nov 4, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

George W. Bush

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Copy desker at my former paper was Jack Schicht. What? Never heard of him? Well, then you don't know...

Now, I'm sure parents named him John, and he chose Jack, but... still.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My wife, who's a nurse, used to work with a surgeon named Dr. Scarr.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

There's a high school teacher Richard Small. I'm willing to bet the house the students that don't like him call him Dick.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Stopped at a Tim Hortons after a road game a few months back and the girl pouring the coffee was named Soda Pop. Showed us her birth certificate to prove it.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My sister still cannot believe this guy's name is a homonym with simian.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Local real estate attorney who handled the closing on our first home in town is Richard Dick.

Honestly.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Um, there's a high school in Chicago named Simeon. It's not that uncommon a name.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There is a high school in Western Pennsylvania called Western Beaver with a mascot of the Golden Beaver.

There are 1000s of potential names and mascots. Many times they are better than the one you already have.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Well, it's a cool "Outsiders" reference. Interesting that she's carries her birth certificate around.

Dick Armey ...

11. towser

towser New Member

D'Brickashaw

Oh, and remember the basketball-playing brothers Scientific and Majestic Mapp?

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I used to run a one-hour photo place in the mall, and at the yogurt shop around the corner, the assistant manager was Ginger Snapp. Said she loved her name and was going to keep it when she got married.

Draft saved Draft deleted