1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 3, 2008.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

She was on Season 2, but has made many appearances in RW/RW Challenges, Gauntlets and various reunion shows.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I only watched like a couple of episodes of Paris. I remember the one in which Ace was naked, save for a statue over his bits.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're darn right, F_T. I just called Hawaii. Everyone's stoked.

4. forever_town

Now THAT'S what I call switching teams!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

that makes me feel so very very old. I remember watching every episode multiple times. MTV would run marathons on Sunday and I'd stay in on perfectly wonderful summer afternoons just to watch it again.

And yeah, Julie was off-the-charts hot. Especially when she shed the big sweaters and danced. Holy moley.

Then I read an article in Spin that said the whole thing was rigged, that they covered up rampant drug abuse by Andre the rocker and they spent the whole season trying to pair up Eric and Julie and that Rebecca was isolated after she nailed a producer and they exaggerated Kevin's Angry Black Man routine and, ummm, I can't remember what they said about Heather the rapper or the seventh person in the cast (token gay guy, I think). Regardless, I haven't believed in anything since.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I miss Songbird.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't remember what season it was, but it had to have been in 2002. I lived in a suite and everyone went away for the weekend. I didn't know anyone but my suitemates really well, so I just played Tony Hawk 3 until I got bored, then watched the Real World marathon, and I got hooked. There may or may not have been a missed meal that weekend.

8. forever_town

I just looked back at Fraternity Life on the MTV boards, since I remember watching most of the show's two seasons. I can remember Tim from Season 1 posting regularly on the MTV message boards because he replied to my post about a prank I and one roommate tried to pull on another roomie. I also remember Jordan from Season 2 humping one of the guys (although my cable was out when THAT episode came on, damn the fates all to hell!).

I know this has nothing to do with The Real World, but this thread reminded me of that other show.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Here's a news flash: Every mother fucking thing in every single one of these goddamn "reality" shows is scriped and staged.

No more "spontaneous" than an episode of "My Mother The Car."

10-12 years ago, I was working at a paper and the "Road Rules" crew came through to shoot some scenes at a local farm. The production crew was very paranoid about trying to keep anyone from any actual media outlets away from the shooting, or from talking from the actors.

The actors didn't scratch their ass without a writer or director telling them what to do, first.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh I know that now, Star.

But when I was 18, and naive, it shattered my world.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Beth is what, 40 now? And so is Eric Nies, who showed up rocking the Jesus look. Yeah, I watched the RWAs last night, just to get a reminder of what once was a part of my college years.

In the back of my mind I knew the whole awards show was a sham but didn't truly realize it until they chose a "Best season" award. And that season was not San Francisco, L.A., Miami or Hawaii. What a joke.

(on a side note, I'm surprised Flora didn't win the best phone moment. And man, did Nathan from Seattle look old ...)

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Actually I thought Nathan looked mature, the only one there who did. (Aside from those who sent in videos instead of showing up).

Draft saved Draft deleted