1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real or Artificial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

OK, so I may be a tad early for some. Don't know what to get this season, a real Christmas tree or an artificial Christmas tree. Don't have youngsters to worry about so I'm leaning more toward artificial.
    Will others face a similar problem?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I find tinsel distracting.

3. joe

joe Active Member

I really thought this would be about something else.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

get a fake tree with lights already on it. you'll be glad you did.

on a related note, my first xmas tree on my own was real, a cheap scotch pine from the local nursery. i got sick the first of december and it turned into pneumonia that had me bed ridden for quite a while. as a result, i quit watering the tree but kept it up until the end of february because i was too weak to take decorations off and toss it in the garbage. when i finally did trash it, that sucker was as green as the day i bought it and lost very, very few needles, even when dragging it to the dumpster.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

We've got an artificial tree. Easy to set up, almost no mess, looks great. Sure, it doesn't smell like a real tree and that may be a factor for some, but not us.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that's why glade makes xmas candles

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We've got one with lights already on it. Saves a lot of time.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You can buy some oil or something to put on the artificial tree to smell like a real one. Completely not worth it to me. I always have good plug-in scents or candles burning anyway.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Oh, trees.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That thread would be useless without pictures.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I will never, ever, ever be a fake tree person. Ever.

You can make all the arguments about the environment, the clean up, the ease, the smell, whatever, but fake trees are like blasphemy to me. If you like them, or have to have them because of some building code or allergies or whatever, that's your business.

But I find them to be evil. And fake tree "pushers" can meet me in the parking lot where I will deliver an eggnog-soaked beating.

Nothing personal.

12. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Get the pole out of the crawlspace.

Draft saved Draft deleted