1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Rice incident is bringing out the stupid in people

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

That's offensive. The correct description of Stephen A. Smith should be mental person of small stature.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

C'mon, man. It's what you use to hold your Tamara.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Robinson was sidelined for even opening his mouth on the topic. He's no expert in domestic violence dynamics and probably should have just tapped out of the conversation. I don't think he was victim blaming as much as expressing the same ignorance most of us have about domestic violence.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And the March of the Stupid continues:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/plenty-women-ray-rice-jerseys-ravens-game-article-1.1936988

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. The Peaches Geldof references crack me up, even if I'm the one who created the RIP thread for her.

And, there's no way Jay Farrar has ever heard of Tamara Holder.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

BTW A big go fuck yourself Tony Dungy you dumbass motherfucker. What do Adrian Peterson, Greg Hardy, Michael Vick, Ray Rice, Jason Kidd and Rae Caruth have in common?

They caused a distraction by being heterosexual. So please excuse me if I pray to The Lord for Tony Dungy to suddenly disappear from the public so he can think on his bigotry and make peace with the AllMighty, who created The Gays in His image as well as yours

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, I guess anyone can say that domestic violence is bad.
    There's something to be said for taking a contrarian position.
    But in this case people really shouldn't have a contrarian opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted