1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Lewis: 'Evil' & Crime Will Rise If NFL Lockout Continues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, May 22, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Ray Lewis Weighs In
    Ravens LB Ray Lewis discusses the potential off-field impact of the NFL lockoutTags: Ray Lewis Interview, Ravens LB, Sal Paolantonio, SportsCenter
    Ray Lewis Weighs In

One of the consequences of a lost NFL season will be an increase in crime, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said in a wide-raging one-on-one interview with ESPN.

Lewis Do this research if we don't have a season -- watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game.
    ” -- Ray Lewis

"Do this research if we don't have a season -- watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game," Lewis told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

That's because, Lewis said, the NFL lockout affects "way more than us" -- the owners and the players.

"There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said. "Yeah, walk in the streets, the way I walk the streets, and I'm not talking about the people you see all the time."

When asked why he thought crime would increase if the NFL doesn't play games this year, Lewis said: "There's nothing else to do Sal."

Sunday is Day 68 of the lockout, which is now the longest work stoppage in NFL history. Lewis said the current dispute boils down to a matter of ego.

"It's simple, we really got to remove pride. Seriously," he said.

"There's no other reason the issue is going on," he said. "That's why I don't get into words and all that other stuff, because it takes away from life ... itself. There's people who are really struggling for real. There's real struggles out there."

A 2-1 decision last week by the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals kept the lockout in place pending a full appeal. A hearing is scheduled for June 3 in St. Louis.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6575570

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

See you in 2012.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, the world really ends when there's no games on Sunday?

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The only people committing more crimes will be NFL players.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I would dance in the streets if they never played again.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

That's right, because those are the only two choices Americans have on Sundays: watch NFL football or commit crime. Nobody has families, hobbies, interests or anything else in their lives. If we can't worship our football gods I guess we'll all just go on Sunday crime sprees out of sheer boredom.

Holy shikes, what a dumbassed quote. Shit like that almost makes me hope the entire season gets cancelled. Those fucknuts could use the humbling.

7. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

So, is Lewis trying to tip us off on something?

He is an expert, after all.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If there hadn't been a Super Bowl that night he would have been (cough, cough) not guilty of murdering two people.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Idiot is just worried that his clock is ticking.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's talking about himself, right?

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Crime will be up, but he won't see anything.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

As long as this evil and crime finally envelops Ray Ray so he pays the price for what he did in 2000, I'm all for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted