1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raven injured, plane diverted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DocTalk, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Barrett blew his knee while merely running to first base, did he not?

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

A local college football player was inured, loaded up with pain killers and sent back onto the field a few times. He became addicted to the painkillers.

He later successfully sued the doc and college for knowingly sending him back out to play when he was injured.

What that means to this thread or the big picture, I'm not sure. Just came to mind.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He was far from ethical, but boy, did he have great eyebrows.

[​IMG]

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Corey Ivy is the tiniest football player I've ever seen.

5. The question, though, as Doc pointed out, was misdiagnosis and then the reason for it.
    Barrett and his people convinced the court that the doctor's position as an owner compromised his duty as a physician.
    And IJAG, don't think I didn't get your little mind game there, you minx.

6. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Whenever I hear the that phrase, I think of Night Court's Dan Fielding and more recently and most unfortunately, Simon Cowell describing an American Idol contestant.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Me three. I saw the head and figured, well, so much for the next sequel to "Cheetah Girls." :-\ ;D

Fuck, those aren't eyebrows, they're giant caterpillars!

Ah, Dan Fielding, the greatest lecher in TV history.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Did you know Dan Fielding's real first name was Reinhold?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"Reinhold? Reinhold!?!"

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, wasn't his real full name Reinhold Fielding Elmore or something like that? He dropped his last name because he was ashamed of his sharecropper parents.

I seem to recall him telling Judge Harry that they were dirt farmers, then clarified the remark by saying that they actually farmed dirt.

11. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Barrett was injured in one of the wildest games I've ever seen. Boston led Toronto 10-0, only to blow it in the 9th (with Ernie Whitt homering off Lee Smith to make it 11-10). Boston tied it in the bottom of that inning (when Barrett got hurt), only to lose 13-11 on a Junior Felix two-run homer in the 10th.

Draft saved Draft deleted